Wilder’s is currently seeking dedicated, team oriented, highly qualified credentialed teachers for grades kindergarten through eighth to join our team.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active, engaging learning for all students.
- Establish and communicate clear learning targets for all learning activities according to Common Core Standards.
- Instruct and monitor students with the use of appropriate learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures with a structured behavior management system.
- Uphold the school culture, reflective of the “Wilder Way” in daily routines and procedures.
- Provide appropriate feedback on assignments, projects and assessments.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, state policies and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Prepare classroom for class activities daily.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance and development as well as track growth on formal and informal assessments.
- Administer, assess and provided feedback on summative and formative assessments.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails with notification provided to administration.
- Participate in appropriate professional learning activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge Skills and Ability Required to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
B.A/B.S degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching.
Valid Teaching Credentials - Multiple Subject Credential: Grades K-5 and Single-Subject Specific Credential for Grades 6-8.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
Salary: Determined on experience and education.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
Retirement benefits or accounts
Send resume, cover letter and letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org