Core Values and Beliefs
Wilder's Preparatory Academy Charter School is dedicated to developing lifelong learners; providing excellence in education for all students; and promoting the growth and development of productive citizens toward building and sustaining a humane, just, and global society. Our academic focus embraces a rigorous research-based college preparatory curriculum that supports effective teaching by the faculty and promotes strong economic, intellectual and pragmatic leadership in our students.
We provide a safe, secure environment that promotes the physical, emotional, and cognitive development of each student through culturally and developmentally appropriate practices. Our commitment to individualized growth is reflected in our small class size, where learning takes place in an environment that fosters mutual respect and shared responsibility.
Wilder’s Prep aspires to challenge our students, through the support and guidance of their teachers and families, to become self-directed thinkers who take increasing responsibility for their own learning. Our ultimate goal is to empower and inspire students to become productive citizens, life-long learners, and active contributors to a multicultural, global, and technological society.
The goal of Wilder’s Preparatory Academy Charter School (WPACS) is to foster an environment that is conducive to mastering critical life skills necessary for success in the 21st Century. WPACS will enable students to become self-motivated, competent, and life-long learners by providing a curriculum that addresses the goals of the community: emphasis on literacy education, skills instruction to enhance the learning of students who have fallen behind in the traditional public school system, standards-based curricula which is measurable and accountable, and strong parent and family involvement.
Our core beliefs are:
- Develop the whole child – emotionally, socially, physically and intellectually
- Build life-long learners through a wide variety of learning experiences
- Challenge and stimulate students to become independent learners and thinkers
- Foster excellent study skills that enable students to successfully matriculate to the next level
- Motivate students through a wide variety of learning experiences to develop a life-long love for learning
- Create and maintain an educational atmosphere that fosters and communicates respect for individuals regardless of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, and disability
- Employ, retain and develop high-quality staff who possess a rigorous love for our students and a commitment to educating them well.